Reports to: Senior Manager, Onboarding
Salary Range: $46,800 - $57,200
Position Summary: As part of the Onboarding team, the Onboarding Specialist will manage and track the application process to onboard CBA’s members for set up with bureau products.
- Support the Onboarding process for new and existing members: 85%
- Steer applications and members efficiently through each phase of the process for bureau services.
- Create new Member Records in Salesforce database and update information regularly during the onboarding process.
- Review and interpret various tax and business filing documents.
- Collect and assemble application contracts and supporting documents.
- Verify application details, contracts and supporting documents to ensure alignment with bureau requirements.
- Identify and communicate application gaps, errors, and inconsistencies with members.
- Track the submission of member applications using Form Assembly.
- Enter, update and track application and correction activity using Salesforce, TaskRay and Excel.
- Provide application changes and updates to the Senior Manager of Onboarding.
- Follow up with Member(s) and bureau partners, as necessary by phone and email.
- Field Member questions related to application, process, and status.
- Lead calls as scheduled by member for application support.
- Lead Onboarding meetings in the absence of Onboarding Senior Manager.
- Supports Senior Onboarding Manager with producing accurate applicant data and statuses.
- Work closely with other departments to improve member experience.
- Provide support to the Senior Manager of Onboarding in updating and creating Onboarding material.
- Create and maintain positive member and bureau relationships.
- Special Projects: 10%
- Attend industry and CBA trainings, webinars, and conferences as required by leadership.
- Provide relevant information, history and statuses for billing and Salesforce related audits and grant reporting
- Provide support to new Onboarding projects with national partners and grant-based projects.
- Participate and provide feedback to improve processes.
- Other duties as necessary: 5%
Qualifications and Essential Skills
- Nonprofit experience.
- Self-starter, taking initiative on tasks while checking for any necessarily clarification.
- Excellent problem solving and customer service skills.
- Experience in a deadline driven, fast-paced, and collaborative environment.
- Previous experience working on carefully documented, complex processes.
- Ability to clearly articulate details in both verbal and written communication.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office to include Word, Excel and Outlook.
- High attention to detail, resourceful problem solving, strong ownership of quality of work product.
- Ability to multitask and manage shifting deadlines.
- Intermediate computer skills and willingness to learn new programs.
- Previous Project Management and project management software experience
- Previous experience in lending and/or financial coaching environment, reviewing tax or legal documents a plus!
- Salesforce experience a plus!
CBA requires a COVID-19 vaccination for all in-person business. Therefore, all employees are required to present proof of vaccination status upon hire unless they qualify for a medical or religious exemption.
CBA is headquartered in Washington, DC, but has remote staff located across the country including in Illinois, Georgia, New Mexico, New York, Pennsylvania, and Maryland. Due to the nature of the work, we prefer applicants based in the Washington, DC metro area.
CBA offers competitive health, dental, and vision benefits, short- and long-term disability, a Flexible Spending Account, 403(b) retirement savings-plan with employer match, and generous paid time off and holiday policies.