Member Relations Specialist
Type: Full Time, Non-Exempt
Reports to: Chief Program Officer
Position Summary: The Member Relations Specialist works to support the expansion and retention of CBA membership, by providing members with high-quality customer service and technical assistance. The Member Relations Specialist directly assists with data collection to support special projects and research.
1. Provides administrative and customer service support to CBA members and other stakeholders: 40%
• Answers incoming calls and emails from prospective and current members, and other stakeholders.
• Performs administrative duties related to tracking member engagement and use of services.
• Tracks member communications, info requests, and annual profile updates.
2. Helps cultivate and sustain relationships with current and prospective CBA members across the country: 40%
• Tracks leads for new members and services.
• Support with recruitment and retention efforts.
• Provides support and performs outreach activities to deepen engagement across CBA’s network of 600+ members.
3. Assists with delivering CBA orientations and outreach presentations: 15%
• Support and represent CBA at conferences, networking, and other strategic events.
• Executes member engagement campaigns and related training/presentations.
4. Other duties as assigned 5%
Qualifications and Essential Skills
• 2 years of experience in customer service or related fields.
• Strong customer service, verbal, and written communication skills.
• High attention to detail and strong ownership of quality work.
• Collaborative and team-oriented approach to work.
• Passion for CBA’s mission, with a commitment to racial and economic equity.
• Flexibility: ability to multitask and respond to rapidly changing demands and priorities, consistent with a small operation.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
• Comfortable navigating the virtual workplace.
• Willingness and ability to travel as necessary.
• Experience with Salesforce.
• Experience in credit-related or financial capability-related fields.
*CBA requires a COVID-19 vaccination for all in-person business. Therefore, all employees are required to present proof of vaccination status upon hire unless they qualify for a medical or religious exemption.*
Location: CBA is headquartered in Washington, DC, but has remote staff located across the country. Due to the nature of the work, we particularly welcome applicants from areas where CBA already has staff however, this position can be done remotely from anywhere in the country.
CBA offers competitive health, dental, and vision benefits, short- and long-term disability, a Flexible Spending Account, 403(b) retirement savings plan with employer match, and generous paid time off and holiday policies.